Can baby teeth really need restorative dentistry?
Yes, in fact sometimes even the youngest smiles need tooth restorations. From the moment the first tiny tooth appears, your child’s dentition is at risk for damage and decay. Sugar and acids are present everywhere, even in natural, healthy foods. Add to that the active lifestyles kids love, and you can see that dental risks are all around us.
Clearly you can’t deprive your child of necessary nutrition from healthy foods or keep them indoors and sitting still so they don’t damage their teeth.
To enjoy life, you have to take some risks in stride – all while taking the necessary protective steps such as:
- Avoiding constant snacking
- Limiting sticky foods (even dried fruit)
- Filling the bottle or sippy cup with pure water between meals
- Brushing after every meal or snack
- Keeping up with professional dental hygiene visits
- Having sealants and fluoride applied
- Insisting on a mouthguard during sports or other risky activities
No matter how carefully you follow Dr. Thomas Weyrich’s suggestions or how diligent you are about keeping those precious teeth clean, life happens. Don’t worry or feel guilty – just bring your kids to Dr. Tom!
Our dental restorations are designed just for children’s particular needs. We will stop tooth infection from spreading (important even in baby teeth!), improve dental function, and strengthen areas of weakness. Plus, our team is here to calm your child, stop the pain, and get those little teeth back to ideal health.Schedule Online